Tuesday, November 4, 2008

excuses, excuses...

Lee here....I really feel Zee is my security blanket/cheer leader/teacher....and without her around me, I have a difficult time getting started with something. I want to be an independant knitter..just for the logistics of it...I need to be able to figure things out and help Annie keep going too. Altho I have been knitting for a long time, Ive never really progressed beyond beginner and I would like to! I can't just do it and talk to people, answer children's questions, watch tv etc...knitting takes all my attention and I dont always have a couple of hours to just sit and knit...I know it's a very productive activity but it takes all my mental energy when I have those needles in my hands. I'm not making excuses here...I'm really trying to just think about this and help motivate myself and work through these perceived "barriers". I think I need a sleep over with Zee..

1 comment:

Mandyz said...

Lee, do you knit English style? (yarn in right hand)
When I knit that way I found it slow, awkward, and needed more attention.
Then I switched to Continental style (yarn in left hand) and I very quickly progressed from beginner to intermediate, I can knit without looking (on simple projects, not lace), and watch TV, chat with friends, read, etc.