Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hey Kathee... Debbie's spinning wheel

Looks similar to ours... On a first name basis with out UCV spinning guide ;)

Tea with you, Kit, yer mum Lee would be awesome. Spinning Wheels whirring in sync.. or willy nilly would be a great sound and sight, and I'm sure a leap in our education as far as spinning goes.

I'm missing my Spin Off magazine. I think I'll add it to my reading list once again this fall. I like to information, tutorials, and of course the inspiration to carry on. I'm gearing up to make myself a king size blanket. Not sure exactly how I'm going to go about it, but I have an idea for colours. I would like to incorporate some knitting and quilting into the project, with art being the focus. I was thinking the quilted squares could be random with no repetition and the knitted squares could be more about textures and colour combinations. I would like to use a wool batt, pre-felted if that makes sense with a cotton backing. I think I'll draw what I imagine it will look like to use as a blueprint, guessing this is a two year project at least :)

No comments: